The start of many thing's to come...

Basically decided to create this blog to keep a record of all my University work neatly and tidily in one place! Currently studying at Staffordshire University (Stafford Campus) doing a Computer Games Design Degree! So this blog will mainly consist of many 3D artwork and maybe some of my programming work from previous years.

Feel free to comment or suggest anything and be honest. Bad feedback is better than no feedback!

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Alley Assessed Work

Share
Week 2

A basic Alley scene with standard material

Right well this is one of my first Assessed tutorials for my 3D course.  Very basic really using box's to create this block affect but interesting to show how quickly this can be done and I am talking about minutes.  This was created using a 2D map (shown below) and just using this map to create box's and Planes in 3ds Max.

Right a quick update on this.  Noticed some errors on this work, Fire door was floating a little when I used pro boolean which caused an unwanted step and I did not like my scaling too much so I have altered this.  Also fully rendered and added materials with variant shades of grey/black so certain things are more clearly seen.


Week 3

This week we have been asked to add in a light on the ceiling of the delivery entrance.  This is created using a chamfer cylinder with tricks such as extrude and symmetry.



I then added the same material and did a whole scene render as before


Also this week I have been asked to make a broken window for the window alcove I created in week 2.  This was done using planes and box's with techniques such as extrude, attach, creating a path and lofting, swift loop and more

First picture is rendered but I added no material which actually looked better as you could see more detail in this shot


Then with the same render I added material to match the rest of the scene


And finally a full scene render, although you cannot really see the window from this angle


Week 4

This weeks task was to create the dumpster's and fence.  No new techniques used to create these that I can think of just basic symmetry, bevel, extrude, weld, target weld like previous stuff.

So first up is my dumpster.  Its like a big industrial dumpster that some sort of machine would come along and pick up via the handles created

Front
 Rear
 Wireframes



The Fence which will be attached to the walls of the buildings via the little bolt items created




Next week I will be adding textures to the scene so before this is done I decided to render the whole scene again with all the objects





No comments:

Post a Comment